0
advert

Big Brother Africa Amplified (BBA) housemate and Star Gist co-host Vimbai Mutinhiri is branching out into acting. We had a chat with her about her debut film role in the movie Finding Love which also stars former BBA housemates.

The movie is directed by Kabat-Esosa Egbon.

How did the opportunity to act in the movie come about?

This opportunity was quite a fluke. I was approached by the production team who had literally been keeping an eye on me since Big Brother Amplified. I received a phone call out of the blue one day and I expressed an interest in viewing the script and instantly fell in love with it.

Which familiar faces are in the movie?

The movie features Bryan Okwara, Tinsel's Victor Olaotan as well as Luclay Misoya and Babalwa Mneno.

When did you go and shoot the movie and who long did it take?

Finding Love is a Nollywood movie with a twist. The movie has six stories within it. I was able to shoot my role in South Africa. This was shot in November last year, and shooting in SA went on for about three weeks.

What character are you playing?

I play a successful young professional called Zara. She's a young lady who is coming into her own and is somewhat secretive and reserved, and seems to hold herself and her desires back under her colleague and friend Iva's shadow as Iva is much more outspoken and outgoing (Iva played by Babalwa Mneno). This manifests itself in a rivalry of sorts and the dynamic between the two builds up into a juicy and hilarious story line when cute boy Uche (Luclay Misoya) is thrown into the mix.

How did you find the transition from hosting a daily show to a movie set?

The transition was much tougher than I expected, because although I got into character quite easily I had to fight the urge to present to a camera or an audience. The toughest part was being able to switch my body language on and off appropriately because I was shooting both the movie and Star Gist concurrently. However once I settled, I was quite happy in my role.

Vimbai says she enjoyed the thrill that came with shooting Finding Love and is looking forward to doing more movies this year. “I really enjoyed the thrill that being on set and getting into character brought. I'm definitely looking forward to working on plenty more movie sets.”

She concludes that she would like the opportunity to work with directors Kunle Afolayan and Hakeem Kae Kazim.

By Africa Magic / DStv Online
Big Brother Africa
Advertisement

Post a Comment Blogger

 
Top